Electronic Medical Record:
An Electronic Medical Record (EMR) is a digital version of all the information of a patient typically found in a Hospital’s paper like Medical History, Surgical History, Past History, Vitals, Diagnosis, Medications Order, Investigations Order, Allergies, Lab Results and Doctor’s notes etc.
EMR is online medical records of the standard medical and clinical data from one Hospital, mostly used by Doctors for diagnosis and treatment. Comprehensive and accurate documentation of a patient’s history and treatment in EMR ensures appropriate care throughout the Hospital.
EMR is more than just a replacement for paper. It effectively allows communication and coordination among the members of healthcare team for optimal patient care.
Benefits of EMR for PATIENTS:
- Quick assessment and care from professionals
- Data and results are tracked over time
- Improved health diagnosis, treatment and overall quality of care
- Identify patients who are due for preventive visits
- Enhanced privacy and security of patient data
- Reduction in errors and improved patient care
- Enables evidence-based decisions at point of care
- Follow-up information after a visit
Benefits of EMR for CLINICS:
- Save space by eliminating paper records needing to be stored, managed and retrieved for over a period of time
- Optimize workflow and increased number of patients served per day
- Reduce administrative difficulties and operational costs
- Interface easily with hospitals, pharmacies, labs and other health systems
- Customizable, scalable and easy to use
- Provide clinical alerts and reminders
- Track electronic messages to staff, other clinicians, hospitals, labs, etc.
- The ability to quickly transfer patient data from one department to the other
- The ability to ultimately increase the number of patients served per day for enhanced patient workflow and increased productivity
- Improved results management and patient care with a reduction in errors within your medical practice
- Reduced operational costs such as overtime labor expenses
- Customizable and scalable electronic medical records that can grow with your practice
- Advanced e-Prescribing and clinical documentation capabilities
- The improved bottom line of the healthcare practice, enhanced through the ability to more accurately and efficiently process patient billing